The town of Norwood contracts its solid waste services with Waste Management. Currently Waste Management provides curbside pick up of its roll out solid waste carts every Wednesday. In order to have your cart emptied, we recommend having your cart out Tuesday evening no earlier than 7:00 AM.
The Town of Norwood also assists its citizens with household curbside pick up of bulk items such as furniture and appliances. The Norwood Town Council adopted a Solid Waste Ordinance at their August 5, 2019 regular meeting.
Some highlights of the ordinance:
- Residents are allowed up to four (4) cubic yards of household trash and/or four (4) cubic yards of yard waste per week.
- Owners or rental property shall be responsible for the removal and disposal of household trash and/or yard waste in excess of four cubic yards that has been placed at the street by tenants or former tenants. Violations are subject to immediate fine.
- Yard waste is collected one per week according to the zone in which the yard is located.
- The Town of Norwood does not collect driftwood.
- Loose leaves will be collected from October 1 through March 31. Bagged leaves will be collected year-round.
- The Town will not pick up construction material, electronics, hazardous waste, loose garbage, or contractor-cut limbs/yard waste.
- Illegal dumping on public rights-of-way (i.e. sidewalk) is punishable by an initial civil fine of $500 for the first day and continued violations of up to $250 per day.