School is out and summer is here! COVID restrictions are easing up and people are ready to get out and enjoy the sunshine!
For those of you that have and/or drive or ride in golf carts on the streets of Norwood – there have been some changes to the rules and regulations for golf carts.
Previously, there has only been one golf cart permit fee that is paid by the owner. Beginning July 1, 2021, this fee will increase from $50 to $75. You will also be required to renew your golf cart registration annually at a rate of $35.
The purpose of this renewal is to allow the Norwood Police Department to ensure that the golf cart is in compliance with the Town of Norwood’s rules and regulations and the cart is properly insured.
If the golf cart is registered on or before June 30, 2021, the registration is $50. After that, the registration is $75.
Annual inspections will begin July 1, 2021. These inspections will work similar to auto inspections and will be based on the month in which you originally registered your golf cart with the Town of Norwood.
Annual inspections will cost $35. Schedule an appointment at the Norwood Police Department by calling 704-474-3716. Located at 139 South Main, the Norwood Police Department will inspect the following:
- Two operating front headlights, visible from a distance of at least 250 feet.
- Two operating tail lights, with brake lights and turn signals visible from a distance of at least 250 feet.
- A rear-view mirror
- At least one reflector per side
- A parking-brake
- A windshield
- Must be limited to three rows seating
Before you receive your new permit, you must provide the following to Norwood Town Hall:
- A completed inspection list signed by the Norwood Police Department
- A completed application which includes the Waiver of Liability
- A current copy of the golf cart owner’s liability insurance
- The $35 Renewal Fee